Insurance for
Property Owners

Landlords of commercial properties have specific insurance needs to protect their investment and mitigate potential risks. The cover requirements may vary depending on factors such as the property’s location, size, tenant types, and lease agreements.

  • We can evaluate your current covers and policy limits
  • Recommend covers to adequately protect your business
  • Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies
  • Advice on cost-saving strategies
  • Provide ongoing support


  • Residential Landlords: Individuals or companies that own residential properties such as houses, flats, apartments, or bungalows and rent them to tenants.
  • Commercial Landlords: Businesses or individuals who own commercial properties such as offices, retail spaces, industrial units, or warehouses and lease them to other businesses.
  • Holiday Home Owners: Owners of holiday cottages, cabins, or vacation homes that are rented out to holidaymakers on a short-term basis.
  • Student Housing Providers: Property owners who rent out houses or apartments to students attending local universities or colleges.
  • Housing Associations: Organisations that own and manage affordable housing for rent, often working in partnership with local authorities.
  • Airbnb Hosts: Individuals or businesses that use platforms like Airbnb to rent out their properties on a short-term basis to travelers and tourists.
  • Serviced Accommodation Providers: Businesses that offer fully furnished and equipped properties for short-term stays, often targeting corporate travellers or tourists.
  • Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Owners: Owners of properties that offer accommodation and breakfast to paying guests, which may include small inns, guesthouses, or boutique hotels.
  • HMO Owners: Owners of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs), which are properties rented to multiple tenants who have separate rental agreements but share common areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
  • Property Developers: Developers who own properties that are vacant or under construction and require insurance coverage until they are sold or rented.

Insurance options for property owners:

Property Insurance

Commercial property insurance provides cover for the physical structure of the building(s) and its contents. It protects against risks such as fire, theft, vandalism, and natural disasters. Landlords should ensure they have adequate cover for their property based on its value and potential risks.

Liability Insurance

Liability insurance is crucial for landlords. It covers legal expenses and damages if a tenant, visitor, or third party is injured on the property and holds the landlord liable.  Liability cover helps protect landlords from lawsuits and potential financial losses.

Loss of Rental Income

Landlords should consider adding cover for loss of rental income or business interruption. If the property becomes uninhabitable due to covered damages, this insurance can provide compensation for lost rental income during the repair or rebuilding period.

Terrorism Insurance

In some regions or for high-profile properties, landlords might consider terrorism insurance. This cover provides protection against acts of terrorism that may cause property damage or business interruption.

Legal Expenses Insurance

This type of insurance can cover legal fees in case of disputes, lawsuits, or other legal challenges.

Your insurance needs may vary depending on your business structure, and location.
Contact us to assess your needs and we will find suitable covers for your specific business.

Contact us