Insurance for
Contractors, Tradesmen & Specialists 

Important protection for individuals and businesses involved in various skilled trades and manual work.


  • Builders and Contractors
  • Plumbers
  • Electricians
  • Carpenters
  • Roofers
  • Painters and Decorators
  • Bricklayers
  • Landscapers and Gardeners
  • Plasterers
  • Tilers
  • Glaziers
  • Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technicians
  • Locksmiths
  • Pest Control Specialists
  • Drainage and Sewer Contractors
  • Handyman Services
  • Gas Engineers
  • Welders and Metalworkers
  • Flooring Installers
  • CCTV and Alarm Installers


Professional indemnity Insurance

This type of insurance is particularly important if you provide advice or professional services as part of your trade. It protects you in case a client claims financial loss due to a mistake or negligence on your part.

Public Liability Insurance

This insurance is essential for tradespeople as it covers you in case of third-party injury or property damage caused by your work. For example, if a client or a member of the public trips over your tools and gets injured, public liability insurance can cover the legal costs and compensation claims.

Employer’s liability insurance

If you have employees or subcontractors working for you, you may be legally required to have employer’s liability insurance. It provides coverage in case your employees suffer work-related injuries or illnesses and make compensation claims.

Tools and Equipment Insurance

As a tradesperson, your tools and equipment are vital for your work. This insurance policy can protect you in case they are damaged, lost, or stolen. It typically covers the cost of replacing or repairing your tools and equipment.

Commercial Vehicle Insurance

If you use a vehicle for work purposes, such as transporting tools and materials, you’ll need commercial vehicle insurance. It provides coverage for accidents, theft, and damage to your work vehicle.

Business Interruption Insurance

This insurance can provide financial protection if your business is unable to operate due to an unexpected event, such as fire, flood, or other disasters. It can cover lost income and ongoing expenses.

Personal Accident Insurance

Personal accident insurance can provide financial support if you are injured and unable to work. It can cover medical expenses and provide a source of income while you recover.

Tools Insurance

This type of insurance specifically covers the theft of your tools, which can be a common issue for tradesmen. It can help you replace your tools quickly so you can continue working.

Contractors’ All Risks Insurance

If you are working on construction sites, this insurance can cover the risks associated with the project, including damage to the site and materials.

Legal Expenses Insurance

This insurance can cover the cost of legal fees and expenses if you become involved in a legal dispute related to your business, such as contract disputes or employment issues.

Your insurance needs may vary depending on your trade, business structure, and location.
Contact us to assess your needs and we will find suitable insurance covers for your trade business.

  • We can evaluate your current covers and policy limits
  • Recommend covers to adequately protect your business
  • Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies
  • Advice on cost-saving strategies
  • Provide ongoing support

Contact us